fredag, marts 21, 2008

My other internet 'homes'

I spend a lot more time on-line than is good for the rest of the things I need to do in life. And only a bit of that time is spent blogging. So, where am I for the rest? Here are some of the places where I am most often to be found. Some of these I have written about before, but they are still where I hang out, and so worthy of being written about again.

1) Conceptis Puzzles: seriously, if I could break this habit, I'd have hours more each week. In fact the only thing that takes up more of my on-line time is...

2) What to Expect forums: and I don't even post there (I keep meaning to, but haven't done it yet). It's uncanny, whenever I have a concern or question, 99% of the time, someone has just posted about it, or will post about within a day or two.

3) The Archers message board: as I know I've mentioned earlier, I don't really even listen to it anymore! But I still read the synopses and check the boards. Strange, I know. And I have no interest in posting here.

4) Obsessively checking my e-mail: because you never know when spam will attack, and your e-mail account will need protecting...

5) And of course, other blogs: but not as much as I'd like to. Give me some way of getting rid of my need for #1 and 3, and I'd be by much more often!

So, what about for you? What takes up time that you could usefully spend on other things?

3 kommentarer:

Scholiast sagde ...

well... there's facebook, of course.. where I actually don't spend time on useless applications and stuff, but reconnect with old schoolmates, connect with new friends found elsewhere*, and play scrabble.

Yes, scrabble...

and lately I've been spending way too much time on the *Rufus Wainwright forum... But what can a girl do? only so many days till the next concert :)

- you mean you're not browsing baby-related sites??

Devil Mood sagde ...

I'm addicted to Mahjong and I play it while I listen to Argentinian radio. It's my new trend. It takes away hours of my time too but I can't stop it.
And then there's football websites...
Thankfully I've let go of all the gossip sites, yack.

kimananda sagde ...

Scholiast, you, my friend, have gotten me hooked as well on lil green patch on Facebook. I forgot about Facebook when I was making the list because I go for days without checking it, but then I have other days where I'm there a lot (like today). And the what to expect is a baby site, but otherwise, no. I have read so much on pregnancy that I find it hard to find stuff that I haven't read before. Not that I know anything except my own experience, but at least I've read about it. And it's beginning to get to the same point with the first year stuff (I'm not ready to look at the after first year stuff quite yet).

Ms. Mood, I have Burning Monkey Mah Jong, and it was a serious addiction for quite a while, but I seem to gone off of it. It will probably come back at some point, though. It's great fun. And good on you for letting go of the gossip sites. I must confess I've tried to get into them, but can't do it, for some reason.