Yes, it's from Facebook. I spend far too long on that site...I'm not even going to change the instructions for how to do this yourself on Facebook. Because when I say lazy, I really mean LAZY. And I won't tag anyone as I can't imagine I still have any readers at all at this point. But if you want to read this, and then do it yourself, then feel free, and I'd love to read the results (as indicated in #25).
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 RANDOM THINGS, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.
1. I can procrastinate more than anyone I know, and I know some mean procrastinators. All things considered, it's sort of surprising that I can hold down a job, or that I've finished university.
2. The thing I most looked forward to when I moved to Denmark was learning a new language.
3. I met my boyfriend on the Camino de Santiago, the French version. Because as everyone knows, the best place to meet Danish men is in the North of Spain.
4. I bite my cuticles, and have done for about most of my life. I rate the durability of my romantic relationships by how bothered the other person is by this (so, the more bothered they are, the more I figure they care).
5. If I won the lottery, or landed a super-high paying job, I'd outsource all housecleaning.
6. I once intended to start a collection of first edition books. My intention led to me buying the first three Books of Blood, and a first edition copy of Pornucopia. Then I stopped collecting.
7. Growing up, we always had a dog in the family. I miss having a dog in the house. I tried to make up for that gap with sea monkeys. It wasn't the same.
8. All food can be improved by one or more items from the following list: vanilla, ginger, garlic, balsamic vinegar, chocolate.
9. I do regularly attempt to not spend so much time on-line. The key word being 'attempt'.
10. After my studies of bilingualism, I will probably take it very personally if Idunn doesn't end up being really competent in English.
11. I loathe and somewhat fear talking on the phone. I will go to occasionally ludicrous lengths to avoid doing it.
12. I'm still planning to run a marathon. Eventually. Probably not until next year, maybe in the winter.
13. Although I am settled and happy in Denmark, I would move back to Lisbon in a heartbeat. I have saudades whenever I think about it, and have done pretty much since I left it in the first place, in 2001. It think it's all the comfort food. And the comfort language.
14. I have absolutely no idea how I come across to others. Probably a shy person thing.
15. My hair and I have come to an understanding. I leave it pretty much alone, and it does pretty much what it wants. Life is much easier that way.
16. It's been far too long since I've gone to a completely new country, and even longer since I've gone to a completely new continent.
17. I used to regularly read a book a day. I'm working on getting back to even sort of that level of textual interaction. Of course, at that point, it was fiction, and now I'm mostly reading non-fiction, which takes me longer.
18. I check for my brother multiple times a day on iChat. If he's there, I chat with him. If he's not there, I log off again.
19. I forgot to cash a paycheck I received shortly before moving to Portugal. I found it years later when cleaning out my stuff in California. I still have the check somewhere.
20. It's kind of weird how many random people I've reconnected with on Facebook. By reconnected, I mean that they're on my friend list. I really should take the time to actually write to them or something. See item #1 at this point....
21. I'm madly deeply in love with a 9-month old girl. It's kind of spooky. Thor gets offended when I refer to her as the love of my life. But he can't get too upset, because, well, she's the love of his life, too.
22. I miss my regular blog...but at the same time, I seem to have totally run out of anything to write about on a personal blog.
23. Since April, I have discovered a new ability to sing any song, badly, with made-up baby lyrics instead of the original ones.
24. I am not good at taking compliments. They make me nervous, and usually I don't really believe them.
25. I've really been enjoying everyone else's 25 things, and I hope to read even more of them.