søndag, juni 07, 2009

Bureaucracy


So, I recently sent in my forms and documents to Danish immigration in hopes of getting permanent residency here. Actually, I applied 3 months ago, but at that time sent in the wrong form (for EU citizens...I thought it seemed a bit short...). Immigration was kind enough to send me the proper forms along with a form letter explaining my mistake. And, according to the form letter, I can apparently expect an answer to my quest within six months of applying correctly. Yay!

But I can't help but note that sending the form letter and forms alone took Immigration 2 months.

*Photo info: The view a month ago from down the street from my house (though admittedly, it's a long street)*

10 kommentarer:

Scholiast sagde ...

blog's looking good :D

Danish bureaucracy not so much... But I expect it's like the Norwegian - reaaaaally slow :( Good luck, though!

(and don't be sad, there are some of us who update even less frequently than you...)

N sagde ...

Beautiful picture:) I haven't seen you around for a long time:) Good luck on the residency!

HB sagde ...

Flott bilde! Og lykke til prosessen! Blir du bare dansk, eller er det lov å ha to statsborgerskap? Det er kanskje bare lov for barn?

Devil Mood sagde ...

Wow, what a view!
I'm pretty sure it would be ten times slower over here. It usually is with everything haha

theblackscorpio sagde ...

Are they up to six months now?
Oh, shit ;_;
You photo shows a much nicer long road ;)

Unknown sagde ...

that's a pretty picture. :

Good luck on the papers! though at least the 'drunken midget' is Danish. Hopefully they'll let her mother stay soon. :-P

Were you on a work visa before?

N sagde ...

Hi, my new URL is: http://destinationdanmark.blogspot.com/

Geotacs sagde ...

yep bureaucracy - they can really cause unnessary delays... 2 months to get back to you that you've sent in the wrong form! wow!

anyway what a great view from your home along the street!

beautiful! i can understand why you want to have PR status and stay on!

all the best! cheers!

hiro sagde ...

Nice to meet you.

I was going to paste the link without permission because I had very felt the interest for your blog.

Please link me with the blog if it is good.

URL:http://ibsoffice.blogspot.com/

E-Mail:h-mori@ibs-office.com

Nitin sagde ...

danish land looks sooo nice in that pic.. now i think for that i need to start a war and conquer it to make it mine.. BUAHAHHAHAHHAA.. sorry.. didnt really mean it :P . isnt 6 months really long for some stuff like that??